Boothmac Hay Baler

percyporter

Boothmac Hay Baler

Post by percyporter » 12 Feb 2015, 12:52

We are currently offering a bit of TLC to our baler. after many years of use it has got quite a bit of play in it's various working parts and I am hoping that some one can come up with information on them. It is currently powered by a 3hp Anderson which I know is not original, ideally I would like a service manual for it as we have a bit of a problem with the feeder arm hitting the base of the chute when it comes down and am not sure if there is any adjustment for it.

The photo attached is what I think is were the adjustment, if any, is done. It will mean absolutely nothing if you are not familiar with this machine
Attachments
Boothmac.jpg
Boothmac.jpg (145.53 KiB) Viewed 6962 times
Alan
Warkworth & District Museum

NalanZ

Re: Boothmac Hay Baler

Post by NalanZ » 21 Mar 2015, 13:29

Slow the motor down a bit! I know it seems like there should be some adjustment but I don't think there is. Too fast, and because of the funny characteristics of the pivots & arms,the arc of the feeder arm changes.

percyporter

Post by percyporter » 23 Mar 2015, 15:44

That was something that crossed my mind as well but it seemed a bit to obvious, was hoping that someone could come up with information that would include the running speed (RPM). It is running with an Anderson at the moment and I do not think we can slow is down any more as we will lose torque and the engine will stall.
I have given some thought to running it of the Allan with a long belt, we are not sure what its OE was but I have seen one driven by a Massey Harris engine, a single cylinder horizontal job and think that may have been one of the engines it was supplied with.
Alan

Darryl Ovens

Post by Darryl Ovens » 02 Aug 2015, 16:09

Hi there,

I've just picked up slightly more than the bones (I think recoverable, but not looked that hard "at its teeth"), of a Boothmac engine.
I think it is the sort I've seen on other Boothmac balers like yours, and it has the built in reduction box as used on the bailers, but is sans pulley. It is also missing the usual things like magneto, carb etc. But it might be a start and give you an idea. Will bring it up in October if not before.

Cheers
Darryl

percyporter

Post by percyporter » 04 Aug 2015, 15:55

Is it a horizontal?
Alan

Darryl Ovens

Post by Darryl Ovens » 04 Aug 2015, 21:05

No. Its a hopper cooled vertical.
Did your bailer originally have a horizontal?

Eynon13

Post by Eynon13 » 06 Aug 2015, 14:00

we have a bothmac in our parts dept i will talk to the club we may be able to help

Eynon13

Post by Eynon13 » 06 Aug 2015, 14:02

oh yeah sorry im secutary of the whangarei stationary engine club